Friday, February 1, 2013

When it rains, it pours.

This morning when I woke up, it was raining. Normally this wouldn't be too big of a deal for me, except for one thing: I teach Kindergarteners. And when it rains, for some reason, all of them go CRAZY!! It hasn't been scientifically-proven or anything, but based on my own observations over the past six months, my students get really weird when it rains. So, I walked into school this morning preparing for this craziness. Little did I know, it would be the worst "rainy day" yet.

From the first class I taught, all my students were unable to stay in their seats, even the quietest, most reserved students became chatterboxes, and none of them could pay attention long enough for me to explain the directions. It took every ounce of my patience to make it to lunchtime.

Brighid Teacher and I had a lunch break together today, so we decided to run to the kimbap place on the corner for a quick, cheap meal. Of course, it took us AGES to get our food (which has actually never happened at this place before!), and had to basically inhale our food so we wouldn't be late for class. I had an umbrella, but because we were running so behind, Brighid and I ended up running back to school in the rain, all the way to the elevator. We walked in just seconds after the bell rang for the start of class.

My afternoon continued the same as the morning. Crazy students, random outbursts, everyone having to use the bathroom at five-minute intervals. It was nuts. My biggest class of the day has 12 students. For some reason, 6 of them, out of 12, as in half, 50%, didn't have any of their books!! So, I spent the first fifteen minutes of class time in the Teacher Room making copies of the book, the workbook, the reading book, and the study guide. Because of this wasted time, I was unable to finish the lesson for the day, so I will have more work to finish in Monday's class.

I think it's just one of those days. When it rains, it pours. Everything goes wrong, one thing after another. My patience ran out hours ago, so I had to paste a smile on before every class, say a quick prayer, and just hope for the best. I only have two classes left, and I'll be outta here! I couldn't be ANY happier that it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment