Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paperwork.

Last Sunday was a busy day for me. No one was able to meet up for lunch, so I grabbed lunch on my own before church. I met Elaine and Soo at church at noon, and enjoyed an awesome church service. The college pastor, Pastor Andrew, did the message. It was his best sermon yet! Elaine and I hung out a bit after church and chatted, and then we parted ways. She went to the bookstore, and I went to the bus stop.

I took the 3003 bus into Suwon, and met Darren at SungKyunKwan University Station. We walked to Caffe Bene, one of my favorite coffee shops in Korea. I needed Darren to sign some recommendation letters for me for a few school districts back home. We finished the paperwork pretty quickly, and then sat and chatted for an hour or so. It was really good to catch up with Darren. We stayed in contact after I left his school, but we rarely get together. Since I moved to Seoul, it's not really convenient. Anyway, we caught up on life, talked about school, traveling, scary movies. Then, he had to leave to meet his friend, and I told him I was going to head home. It turns out, we were both going into Gangnam, so he offered to DRIVE ME!! Wow!! I was so excited! From Suwon to where I live in Seoul is at least 2 hours by bus and subway. So, I was thrilled when he offered to give me a lift! That would take an hour off of my traveling.

I gratefully accepted his offer, and we chatted some more on the car ride there. I love catching up with friends I haven't seen in awhile. It's such a great feeling. I'm leaving Korea in 6 months, so I'll have to make an effort to see Darren at least one more time before I head home. But, Darren has plans to visit America in 2014, so hopefully we'll be able to cross paths then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment